When do you send out your Christmas cards?

We send out about 125 cards a year. Each card is a group kid(human) photo (all 5 of them!) I take a digital picture and send it off to Walmart to get the cards done. I also type a letter letting everyone know what is going on in our lives. Each kid gets a little blurb and Jon and myself. We have been doing it for probably 8 years now. We now get a lot of letters with the cards we recieve...so it is rubbing off!

The photo card is nice because the card can be cut to just have the photo so an easy Christmas present for a lot of people! I don't dress the kids in Christmas clothes so the photo is good for year round display:) If the tree is up the photo is in front of it.

My goal is to get the cards in the mail before the 15th so everyone has it before Christmas.

We get nice notes from the older people we send cards to. The Great aunts and uncles especially.

Miss Prissy- sorry people don't send cards...I love getting cards and sending cards.

We send cards to those who have sent cards back in the past. We make an exception for some elderly folks and close family (like my bro & s-i-l who never send cards).

We probably send about 75-100 cards out. We usually get 40-50 back. But we also get e-mails or calls from people who got one but don't send them. Probably 8-10 of those. It feels worth it to us.

The kids would like a non-card year, since we make everyone help sign, seal, and stamp the cards.

It'll be fun adding chicken friends to the card list this year
yippiechickie.gif

Quote:
I was going to ask if anyone did a Christmas "letter" to send along with their cards. I usually just write something in the card if it is to someone I havent seen or talked to in a while.
If I can get the horse "clean" a totally relative term now a days
roll.png
I want to have my dh take a picture of me with Rhett. Right now I guess I should be happy with maybe getting some mud off his face and neck and be done with it. *the horse that is, not the dh
tongue.png

I send cards to family and friends that we havent lost touch with.

Today I put a Christmas card in my mailbox for my letter carrier, money inside as gift for all the times he went out of his way to get my eggs here safe.

I love getting Christmas cards, but I'm not always great about getting them sent out. I did good last year and I hope to get going on cards for this year soon. I don't know how many I will do. I have finally managed to get a collection of addresses for DH's family, thanks to the fact that I needed them for weddng invitations earlier this year. I figure I'll work off our wedding invitation list for our Christmas Cards.
smile.png
Which means, I'll be sending a lot of cards!

I don't know if I'll put a letter in the cards this year. I did last year, mostly to introduce DH (my fiance then) to my out of state family and me to his out of state family and let everyone know about the wedding ahead of receiving the invitations (we wanted everyone to have enough warning to make plans if they chose to come). I personally enjoy getting the letters from people. It's hard to keep in touch with everyone all the time, so I enjoy having a chance to kind of catch up at least once a year. It doesn't offend me in the least.
smile.png

might get a year end letter out after the holidays (but doubt it...sounds good now) could send one online maybe...

used to create cards by hand every year with a pic of dd. stamps are so expensive!

Since I also scrapbook and have the supplies already, I make all of my Christmas cards. I usually send out 50-75. I've only got about 45 made so I better get busy. . .

Quote:
Do you have any pics of the cards? I love homemade cards!
I sent mine out yesterday. (not homemade).

Note: we need Xmas smileys!

Back
Top Bottom