When do you start inubating for the year?

I start in jan. I'm on hatch no.5 with 2 more in the 'bator, I quit in june only because I run out of room,
he.gif

Got my first chicks hatched this year on January 1st.

I'll do one more hatch on April 25th.... 2 year anniversary of when I started up with chickens again.

Well since I still have between 3 and 4 feet of snow---and its hard work carrying water in 5 gal buckets, and they all won't stay in the barn shaped storage building- I will probley put my incubators to use around the first week of march and hope the snow is melting by April. so I don't have to keep them in the house so long. Also I have 4 incubators that I will set up on my dining room table, and I can take some to the market if I get a good hatch. I hope to get my spring cleaning done inside in March and be ready to clean the barn building when it gets warm- it sure needs it. I am burning 3 heat lamps in the 8 x 10 building and they look a mess where they go in and out and prance in the mud or melted snow. Any one have any good ideas that they have done with their chickens that they want to brag about? I am learning so much from others. I will change my coop doors so they dont go to the ground- they get so much snow and freeze shut- and swell and hard as heck to open. Thanks Teresa in WV

Hi TattooQ27 - I am in Voorheesville - we are hatching now - actually 7 out of 24 hatched TODAY! YEAH! Anyway, I haven't seen many ads on CL so I'm thinking people may want birds now so they won't have to wait - there are lots of impatient people out there. Me, for one. Agway orders at the end of March begining of April. Way too long for me. Hatching now and 25 coming in on Monday. Have fun!

Annie

Back
Top Bottom