when do you switch your ducklings from starter to pellets

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by showjumper_girl2002, Sep 21, 2011.

1. showjumper_girl2002

showjumper_girl2002 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2011
    Florida
    just wondering at what age you switch ducklings over from starter feed to pellets?

2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Quote:I do it at 1 month, by then the crumble is gone and they are old enough to eat what the rest of the flock eats, I feed Purina Flock raiser.

3. CelticOaksFarm

CelticOaksFarm Family owned, family run

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    Quote:I do it at 1 month, by then the crumble is gone and they are old enough to eat what the rest of the flock eats, I feed Purina Flock raiser.

X2 except we feed the Nutrena version

4. ugly ducky

ugly ducky Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 26, 2008
    S.E. MO
    I switch mine when they are old enough to go outside, which is usually about 4 weeks. Bantam ducks a little longer. With them it's whenever I figure they're big enough to eat the pellets.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2011
  5. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    I hatch year round- so always have a bag of each opened - I dont have a set time- sometimes it can depend on how low one or the other bag is getting- If the starter is very low- I might start some ducklings on the grower crumble I use a little earlier than the last batch- but generally its around the one month old mark. Then from about 6 - 8 weeks they go to a mix of what I feed the adult and the grower crumble. After 12 weeks they just eat the layer pellets with the adults.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by