When do you talk to them?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by trulefty, Dec 30, 2009.

1. trulefty

trulefty Out Of The Brooder

Dec 12, 2009
    Magnolia, Ms
    Okay ladies answer the question......... On what day do you start talking to your little future fuzzy butts??

2. ChanceRider

ChanceRider Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2008
    Somerset, CA
    From day one in the incubator... if not sooner. I figure a little encouragement can't hurt. What about yourself?

3. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    We start clucking outside the incubator on day 20.

4. dntd

dntd Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 4, 2009
    [​IMG]I don't think talking to a just started incabating egg really does anything other then make you look crazy if some one see's you [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 30, 2009
  5. FarmerChick

FarmerChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2008
    North Carolina
    never...lol

6. fancbrd4me02

fancbrd4me02 Chillin' With My Peeps

Plants respond to music, so it's not a strange idea to talk to developing embryos. I heard of a study they did where cows that had been given names gave more milk than cows without names. So it's probably good to give the developing chickies some noise and attention. It couldn't possibly hurt, and it likely is beneficial. I usually ask them if there's anybody in there. lol

7. trulefty

trulefty Out Of The Brooder

Dec 12, 2009
    Magnolia, Ms
    Hope you don't shake them to wake them before you ask!!!!! [​IMG]

8. ZooMummzy

ZooMummzy Queen of the Zoo

Mar 31, 2008
    Philomath, Oregon
    Since I started hatching, Day 1 in the incubator. My other chicks and chickens, the minute I see them and every day, all day, lol after that. I'd rather talk to my chickens than some people I know [​IMG]

9. GraceAK

GraceAK Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 28, 2009
    Eagle River, AK
    Talk to them? I fully intend to name them and count them form day one on. That way I can say "OH **** CINDERPAW EXPLODED!" Cinderpaw. Im totally naming a BA Cinderpaw. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. save the favs

save the favs Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2009
    Oregon
    Sorry, no talking to them. But...... I do sing while they are in the incubator. When they hatch, they often seem to recognize my voice from the incubator & follow around to my voice. When I come around the corner of the building to go into their coop, they don't startle cause they hear me singing; it even calms them after bad hail storms. Besides, I like to sing.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by