When do you think she will lay

John Simpson

Chirping
5 Years
Mar 17, 2014
Ontario Canada
I have a Silkie x Japenese Bantam and she isn't laying yet she is 6months old and her partner is a jap x Americana and she is already laying. When do you think the silkie cross will lay :)

Hello,

While I have not worked directly with this breed I am very familiar with bantam breeds. From my own experience, I have had bantams who have started to produce at 25 weeks to as old as 1.5 years. A lot of factors affect the egg laying process and bantams are more prone to experiencing these problems. I would simple provide a small light during the evenings/nights and start to put fake eggs into your nesting boxes.

This might help...or you might just have some waiting to do. It's hard to tell...

Thanks so much. I also have a black silkie bantam and a silver silkie bantam that are laying but they recently just started laying every day and so has my Americana bantam cross. Is this good for them and if not can you stop this :(

Thanks so much. I also have a black silkie bantam and a silver silkie bantam that are laying but they recently just started laying every day and so has my Americana bantam cross. Is this good for them and if not can you stop this
sad.png
It's fine if they lay every day...I just wouldn't count on it being a process which last all year.

Back
Top Bottom