When Do Your Ducks Start Laying After Winter???

mahsmaj

Songster
11 Years
Jun 25, 2008
Hannibal, Missouri
My ducks still arent laying! I was going to hatch their eggs in early march.... but theres no eggs! I have 5 white pekin females and 1 white pekin male. The females were laying last year, but quit for the winter... What breeds do you have and when do they ussually start laying again?

Funny, I just posted the same question about Geese. I can tell you that I have 4 female ducks (1 of each Khaki Campbell, MagPie, Cayouga, Muscovey). I am getting one or two eggs per day right now. They started a couple of weeks ago.

That gives me hope!
wee.gif

My ducks are laying, they started last week.....I was sooo suprised!

I've got over a dozen in the bator now...checking for fertilty! of course the rest that I've got waiting are mighty tasty too! YUM!
big_smile.png

Hopefully I'll get another drake, providing the eggs are fertile....8 hens and 1 drake Swedish Blues

My pekin had started laying in September and she continued all through the winter. I got 24 eggs from her in December. I did not have a light on either. I just assumed it was normal for her to keep producing and I was happy to get any eggs from my birds in winter. My other two ducks (mallard and runner) just started laying about a month ago. Good luck!!!
big_smile.png

I have 2 male pekins and 1 female pekin. She started laying eggs mid January. I have got a total of 6 eggs since. Put 5 eggs in the bator Feb. 3rd got 3 that are alive and moving around, the other 2 wasn't fertile. She just laid another egg about 3 days ag, and debating on wether to put it in the bator or wait till she lays a couple more. Hope she lays eggs for your very soon!!!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom