When do your girls...

I'll usually have a couple girls in the nest boxes when I open the coop at 6:30a and everybody is pretty much done by 4:30-5p. I have 29 RIRs born in April and when they first started laying I never knew when to expect an egg. But as they gotten older they seem to be settling into a more regular cycle. Also, I have 8 nest boxes for the 29 girls. They'll lay in all of them, but I think some of them wait for their "favorite" box to open up
smile.png

Quote:
I saw three girls waiting in line for their favorite box the other day. Looked just like human females at the ladie's room at a concert. The only thing missing was the crossed legs.
Ladies please, there are three other boxes!
barnie.gif

That's good food for thought. We only have one nest box (5 girls) but now that they are laying I was thinking about building another. It's probably too late though, huh? They're probably attached to this one now.

Quote:
I'd give them a choice. No need to build another. My nest boxes are plastic storage bins from Walmart. Four of them attached to two 2 x 4s running the length of one wall of the coop.

Back
Top Bottom