When does it end?

Join us over on the dark side...er, the Hatchers Anonymous thread...we have cake! Or so I'm told...I haven't found it yet...
gig.gif

I am addicted to hatching, I cant stop. I just bought a new bator and had to put it where I cant see it, outta sight outta mind kinda thing! lol

to be honest, I have to get through my 1st hatch before I decide whether I like this hatching business, I keep worrying that they aren't going to hatch, I don't know how you people deal with the stress of it. yes I'm a very over protective mother and I'm going nutz not being able to control this hatch.

I find the whole incubation process to be annoying. Making sure the temp/humidity is staying within a narrow range. Keeping enough water in the reservoir. Worry about power outages (have yet to put the thing on a UPS like I should). Cleaning it after the chicks have hatched.

The only thing I find still more annoying is when it's empty. Then it just sits there making me feel guilty for the money I spent on it that I'm not using it for.

On the whole I think it's better to keep it full.

A.T. Hagan :

I find the whole incubation process to be annoying. Making sure the temp/humidity is staying within a narrow range. Keeping enough water in the reservoir. Worry about power outages (have yet to put the thing on a UPS like I should). Cleaning it after the chicks have hatched.

The only thing I find still more annoying is when it's empty. Then it just sits there making me feel guilty for the money I spent on it that I'm not using it for.

On the whole I think it's better to keep it full.

ROFL You need a Brinsea Mini Advance. Set the temp, dump some water in the reservoir, and forget it. Glance at the thing once a day to make sure there are no clear problems (like exploded eggs) and let it be. Make sure you have the one with the auto-turner.

Plus, it only holds 7 chicken eggs or 12 quail eggs (I suppose it would do 12 serama, too). So you can justify keeping it full more often...​

Last edited:
I actually HAVE two Brinsea Mini Advance incubators, two Brinsea Mini Advance EX incubators, 1 R-Com incubator (holds a whopping THREE eggs), and 3 Brinsea Octagon20 Advance EX incubators.

Although the EX models, which have the humidity pumps, are more expensive, these incubators are freakin' STUPID proof.

I got 'em because that's what I need: Stupid Proof. The only odd thing is that the EX models do not have a day count-down for the auto-turner. A Brinsea representative explained it thusly: The Mini Advance units were intended for the backyard chicken keeping consumer market, and the EX models are primarily intended for more exotic poultry, which generally are gathered less frequently and therefore require staggered hatches. An automatic date count-down would be useless for staggered hatches.

Oh well. I love the Brinsea 'bators!

Last edited:
Y'all make me feel so much better. I thought I was losin' it. I just put another 40 in after swearing I couldn't do it again (3 bad hatches). Of COURSE they won't all make it..........

jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom