Momagain1

Songster
8 Years
Feb 13, 2011
Central IL
what do you do with your blood?

Doesnt it attract other animals?? maybe not right that minute..but
I mean like later on that night etc..

where do you take the blood?? dump it in your where? ??

Feed it to my corn.

I don't believe in wasting anything, and, I grow my own corn, which is a very hungry plant, so, I dump it on the soil where the corn grows. The Aztecs used to do it.
wink.png
Blood has a lot of nitrogen and nutrients in it. . . .

well we dont have corn...but my neighbor has feed corn fields..

but I really dont want to attract animals...
I have neighbors dogs that like to attack my chickens..so I dont wanna put any extra "goodie" smells out to him..??

Do you grow any sort of vegetable at all? It would be good for any of that, and especially if you have room for a compost pile you can always pour it there. The smell of it in a compost pile I wouldn't worry about.

Beyond that, you can always ask around if anyone such as your neighbor wants it, or, you can just trash it. But, I'd personally never trash it. It's gotta have some use.
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
we do have a small compost..but we do have neighbors fairly close on one side of us...

We do grow a small garden..but its almost done for the year...its not so much the smell; its the possible attraction to the neighbors dogs that worries me..or maybe skunks/raccoons etc..

compost... i know they say not to add meat to a compost pile... so we always keep a seperate pile just for butchering... cover it with about a foot of sawdust and there isent even any smell... about once a year sift it and add what ever goes threw the sifter to the normal compost pile... a few bones wont be composted yet they go back to start the next butcher compost pile... then u add the compost to the garden
smile.png

Freeze it in an old tupperware thing and put it in the garbage on garbage pick-up day??

Back
Top Bottom