When faced with temptation, my rooster did not resist

Pics

kcan2

Free Ranging
Oct 18, 2019
MI
So, I have a very happy pair of small bantams that live a small bantam life in a massive chicken tractor they have all to themselves. Tractor weighs maybe 300lbs, they weigh about 3.5lbs (total combined). For such a small flock, they get along great, and my rooster is a nice gentleman to his hen. Lately, the neighbor's flock of 7 ladies has been frequenting my yard because I am amassing a small chicken army that meets for drill under the bird feeder. These ladies are larger hens (not bantams) and are generally very friendly and polite visitors, only occasionally pooping on the back porch.

Yesterday, I decided to clean the coop and let my two out for some partially supervised range time. Meanwhile, the neighbor's flock had moved up the hill toward the birdfeeder, where my two wouldn't see or mix with them. As I tediously emptied the run of poopy toys, I looked up and saw my rooster doing a spectacular wing drop dance dance revolution across the yard, toward a pair of hens who had wandered down the hill and were innocently poking around behind the crab apple tree.

My rooster, self-proclaimed dance artist:
20220911_173907.jpg

One hen had the presence of mind to avoid the imminently approaching weirdo (my rooster) by retreating back up the hill, but the other hen was seemingly dazzled by his dance moves (which admittedly were mesmerizing) and paused to watch. My rooster had apparently decided the crab apple tree was as good of a place as any for a romantic tryst, and before anyone quite knew what was happening, moved in for the groove. Meanwhile and fortuitously, my bantam hen (whom he had deserted) missed witnessing the entirety of the unwholesome scene, having retreated back to the coop area, and there complained loudly at finding herself alone.

After the irreversible deed was done, my rooster seemed not opposed to wing dropping for any of the other ladies who would give him audience, but I decided to curtail his endeavors and encouraged him to resume his duties down the hill in the general direction of the chicken tractor.

The red hen waited around for a while before reluctantly returning to her friends.

Here, a formally skittish and shy red hen is pictured peering in the back door earlier today, seemingly asking one of two questions:
A)Do you have treats
B)Might you have seen that rooster anywhere?
20220915_005424.jpg

Although my rooster's morals could be called into nonexistantly doubtful question, the red hen is admittedly is very pretty.
20220913_120543.jpg

Pictured here is the bantam lady who doesn't know a thing:
20220204_171827.jpg

So, I have a very happy pair of small bantams that live a small bantam life in a massive chicken tractor they have all to themselves. Tractor weighs maybe 300lbs, they weigh about 3.5lbs (total combined). For such a small flock, they get along great, and my rooster is a nice gentleman to his hen. Lately, the neighbor's flock of 7 ladies has been frequenting my yard because I am amassing a small chicken army that meets for drill under the bird feeder. These ladies are larger hens (not bantams) and are generally very friendly and polite visitors, only occasionally pooping on the back porch.

Yesterday, I decided to clean the coop and let my two out for some partially supervised range time. Meanwhile, the neighbor's flock had moved up the hill toward the birdfeeder, where my two wouldn't see or mix with them. As I tediously emptied the run of poopy toys, I looked up and saw my rooster doing a spectacular wing drop dance dance revolution across the yard, toward a pair of hens who had wandered down the hill and were innocently poking around behind the crab apple tree.

View attachment 3260535

One hen had the presence of mind to avoid the imminently approaching weirdo (my rooster) by retreating back up the hill, but the other hen was seemingly dazzled by his dance moves (which admittedly were mesmerizing) and paused to watch. My rooster had apparently decided the crab apple tree was as good of a place as any for a romantic tryst, and before anyone quite knew what was happening, moved in for the groove. Meanwhile and fortuitously, my bantam hen (whom he had deserted) missed witnessing the entirety of the unwholesome scene, having retreated back to the coop area, and there complained loudly at finding herself alone.

After the irreversible deed was done, my rooster seemed not opposed to wing dropping for any of the other ladies who would give him audience, but I decided to curtail his endeavors and encouraged him to resume his duties down the hill in the general direction of the chicken tractor.

The red hen waited around for a while before reluctantly returning to her friends.

Here, a formally skittish and shy red hen is pictured peering in the back door earlier today, seeming asking one of two questions:
A)Do you have treats
View attachment 3260536

Although my rooster's morals could be called into nonexistantly doubtful question, the red hen is admittedly is very pretty.
View attachment 3260537

View attachment 3260538
Chickens are so awesome and I love your observations and storytelling!🤣😍

View attachment 3260535

Here, a formally skittish and shy red hen is pictured peering in the back door earlier today, seemingly asking one of two questions:
A)Do you have treats
View attachment 3260536

View attachment 3260537

View attachment 3260538
:gig I love it when little bantams rooster go for the big girls friends and do their little dance!

View attachment 3260535

A)Do you have treats
View attachment 3260536

View attachment 3260537

View attachment 3260538
Love it.:D

View attachment 3260535

A)Do you have treats
View attachment 3260536

View attachment 3260537

View attachment 3260538
Great story. He must really be some dancer to win the heat of Lady Red.

View attachment 3260535

A)Do you have treats
View attachment 3260536

View attachment 3260537

View attachment 3260538
Thank you for sharing! Your a skilled writer! That is a very pretty hen on your porch. Lol

I barely watch TV anymore because all I have to do is look out the window at the chickens! Glad you got a laugh, too 😁
yep, me too!
who needs to own a tv when you have one right in your backyard? you have comedies, daily life, romance, and even the once or twice when you were unlucky and had to watch a horror movie!
all in all, reduce your television bills to 0% by paying the cost of chicken feed ( which you would have to do anyway if you have any squawkers).

Back
Top Bottom