When free ranging, do you chickens ever try to get in your house?

Mine are sitting at the backdoor right now.
big_smile.png
They love to peck on the door and it gets my dog all worked up. they seriously think I am going to invite them in one of these days but that is unlikely.

Oh it's always hilarious to me, seeing one of them standing by the screen door, head stretched and sideways, peering inside to see where I'm at! Usually they're also nervously munching some new plant seedlings I keep by the door. The moment I spot them, they do their awkward run/gallop/flap and leap down the deck stairs to the safety of the back yard. They **KNOW** they're not supposed to be up on our deck. Supposedly, for the sake of our guests, it is a "no-chicken-poop" zone. LOL! Actually they are pretty good about it. It's only now and then, I find them by the door. They usually go UNDER the deck (which is pretty high up) and take dust baths, right under my back door. They also look up from their bath and talk to me, because I can see them through large metal bar plates that are inserted in our deck. Oh my, the dust that comes in our house.

lol...Tuscon that is so how my son is! How old is you son? How do you fair with the chickens in the summer? Do you have a lot of shade in your yard?

Mine hang out on my back porch, staring in the door, begging for treats, ALL day long. I've had a chicken or two follow me in the laundry room door, I think it's cute! As long as they stay on the tile!
tongue.png

my friend left her laundry room door open one day. She came back in later to find a roo and a hen checking out her running incubator. So to answer your question, yes, they will come in your house.
big_smile.png

I have a baby gate at the top of the porch stairs. If someone forgets to put it up they are at the door peeking in with their eye.
lau.gif
My EE is the worst. They peck the "crap" out of my lower wood siding on my house!!!
somad.gif
Try explaining that to a future buyer of the house!
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom