When hatch time,how can I tell when all of yolk is absorbed in Chick

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by BackSwampGirl, Jan 14, 2009.

1. BackSwampGirl

BackSwampGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2008
    Richlands,NC 28574
    before hatch time.I ahve been hatching a long time.But that is one thing I need to know.I have not learned that one yet.And I think that could be why my hatches don`t turn out good.I jump the gun too fast.try to help them. Help!!!!!![​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 14, 2009
  2. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    I've learned to wait until they've been in the same position for atleast a day....then I assist. It seems to take them atleast 6 hours to absorb completley depending on when they pip. I've also learned if i think it's too early it probably is [​IMG]

3. Godsgrl

Godsgrl Ostrich wrangler

Aug 27, 2007
    at the zoo usually
    BackSwampGirl, that's a really good question, thanks for asking! [​IMG]

4. LilRalphieRoosmama

LilRalphieRoosmama Officially Quacked

Oct 15, 2007
    Elyria, OH
    Quote:I agree. I don't like to help but sometimes I do. Just don't help too early. Let them go until you can't take it anymore!

I have found that normally when I help, I shouldn't have because they don't make it anyway. However, if it's my fault (such as opening the bator while they are hatching) then I do help and sometimes it turns out ok.

5. Barnyard

Barnyard Addicted to Quack

Aug 5, 2007
    Southwest Georgia
    I agree with everybody else. There is no way for you to know before hatch if they have absorbed there yolk!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by