When?help please!!!

I actually waited for the first egg. I had the bag of feed here and ready to go by the time mine were 17 weeks old as I'd heard that Red Sex-links often lay early. Mine did - she laid her first egg at 17 1/2 weeks! The rest of mine waited until around the 20 week mark to lay their first eggs. (One didn't lay until she was closer to the 30 week mark!)

Since the Red Sex-link laid early, I started all of mine on the layer feed at 17 1/2 weeks old!

Start it at 20 weeks, regardless of egg production at that time. If they start to lay before 20 weeks, start the layer feed then.

alright thank you one last question, my chicks get out maybe 1-3 times a week for a hour and 3o minutes each time and they peck at the dirt, do i still need to get grit for them? also does ace hardware sell grit? i heard they sell feed there,

Quote:
coltsrox, if it were me I would still offer them grit until they are getting outside more often. I have no idea about ace hardware. Walmart sells it in boxes for pet birds. Just check their pet dept.

Quote:
coltsrox, if it were me I would still offer them grit until they are getting outside more often. I have no idea about ace hardware. Walmart sells it in boxes for pet birds. Just check their pet dept.

SWEET! Thank you soooo much!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom