When is a 2:37 am phone call a good thing?? ;0)

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by calicokat, May 19, 2010.

1. calicokat

calicokat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2009
    azalia, indiana
    When it's the guy at the Post Office calling to tell you "The chicks are here!"

I drove there yesterday afternoon and told them to call me the minute the little guys and gals arrived. He said, "even 2 am?" and I said "Absolutely!"

My 4H dd and I jumped into some clothes and had our babies back home and in the brooder before 3:30 [​IMG]

2. newchicksnducks

newchicksnducks Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Woohoo for the P.O.! It's great that they followed your request, allowing you to get those little peeps somewhere safe, warm, and dry with water, etc at the earliest time possible. [​IMG]

3. SkyWarrior

SkyWarrior Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2010
    Wilds of Montana
    [​IMG]

4. HathawayHens

HathawayHens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2010
    DeLand, FL
    Wow, that is amazing! I hope we have the same luck this fall when we get ours! [​IMG]

5. Toi-toi

Toi-toi Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    Central MA
    Congrats!!

6. MotherMal13

MotherMal13 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2009
    Waterport, NY
    [​IMG] What did you get? [​IMG]

7. calicokat

calicokat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2009
    azalia, indiana
    We got 10 little polish babies. They are all bright eyed and bushy tailed, grooming, eating, pooping and doing awesome!

It helps to take some homemade goodies with you to the PO when you are asking them to call you [​IMG] It used to be cookies, but sinced I learned to can last year, the bribe of choice is now homemade jelly [​IMG]

8. MareeZoCool

MareeZoCool Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] For the post office employees! [​IMG] for your wise preparations and quick response!! [​IMG] for you, just because.

9. bufforp89

bufforp89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2009
    Chenango Forks NY
    What a great bunch of people at your PO! Mine are the same way, always calling the min chicks get to them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by