When is enough enough?

Quote:
My son had one of those off again/on again marriages early in life (years ago). I'm the one who finally had enough of listening to it. The only thing I told him was make up his mind one way or the other. Stay with her and know you're going to put up with the same problems year after year OR Divorce her and be done with it. Because, before you know it she's going to get pregnant and then there will be a child in the fray. Fortunately he cut ties before that happened. He has now been married 8 years to a lovely and stable wife.

Cetawin and the others are right --- sadly as a military person he does not have the luxury of letting things ride. It WILL screw up his career.

Having said that, you may be able to gently let him know that you know this and hope he'll see JAG before he leaves.

After you have that conversation: you've done what you could now YOU should seriously consider Al-Anon for YOU.

She is his wife. She is YOUR daughter in law and it is having an impact on your mental health. YOU go, for yourself. Give him what you can then you go get help dealing with watching it all unfold as it will.

Back
Top Bottom