When is it ok to take out of incubator?

nightstar

In the Brooder
7 Years
Sep 27, 2012
Hi! Lockdown was supposed to start 04/24. However, on the night of 04/23, when I went to candle one last time, there was a duckling there! We quickly went into lockdown mode. The next one was hatched the morning of the 24th, the next, night of the 24th, and now the 4th one has just hatched. Hatch day is not supposed to be until the 27th-28th!! I had noticed all month when candling that some appeared to be farther along than the others. The first duck has been out for at least 28 hours now. He appears to be hungry, or maybe he is establishing pecking order already!! All I know is he is biting everyone and helping others out of their shells. The second one is doing this too, but cant get around as fast yet! I know I cant leave him in there for another 3 or so days, so I am wondering how I go about this. Do I take all of the hatched ones out at once, or just the dry ones?
The brooder is set up and ready to go. The ducks are indian runners.

nightstar

In the Brooder
7 Years
Sep 27, 2012
I did. (-: now just wondering when to throw out leftover eggs. Hatch day was supposed to be Saturday, however the ones that hatched where from Tuesday through Friday.

Top Bottom