when is it okay to intervene with hatching?

duckface

Songster
10 Years
Aug 1, 2009
the back of my horse
I have a pekin egg that pipped over 48 hrs. ago that has made virtually no progress. Its bill is protruding through a small hole, but there are no other cracks on the shell. Its bill opens and closes so I know it's still alive, but I'm afraid it's stuck because it's not making any attempt to push or wiggle. What can I do?

CorralitosSunflower

Songster
10 Years
Jun 24, 2009
Corralitos
If the bill is sticking out of the hole it is probably stuck and unable to zip- I would help it. Follow the intructions posted as a sticky at the top of this forum. Good luck!

duckface

Songster
10 Years
Aug 1, 2009
the back of my horse
I must be blind...these are the topics listed in the sticky that I found...

101 reasons we love ducks

Sexing Ducklings (Please check here first big_smile

The ULTIMATE list of DUCK Treats and Supplements

Duck Waterers

How Many Ducks do our Members Have?

Duck Housing and Runs

Migratory/Ornamental Waterfowl

duckface

Songster
10 Years
Aug 1, 2009
the back of my horse
Well, I never did find it, but I helped and he's out. Thanks for the response, CS!

Oops, we posted at the same time, oz! Thanks for the info, though!

Last edited:

duckface

Songster
10 Years
Aug 1, 2009
the back of my horse
Yes, he is, thanks for asking! He's in with his brothers and sisters and happy as can be. I was nervous as could be, but I'm so glad I was able to get him out in time.

CorralitosSunflower

Songster
10 Years
Jun 24, 2009
Corralitos
Argghh! I think I am losing my mind, for some reason my email started sending all my notifications to spam so I didn't know there was any otherresponses on this post. I am so sorry, yes, the sticky is in the incubating and hatching section I guess I forgot I was in the duck section
I am glad he made it out and is doing well!!!!

Top Bottom