• Longer than a month

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mimipeaches

Songster
Jan 21, 2019
Rural IL
This is my EE she is 6 months and 1/2 old when do you think she will start to lay?? She is mating but no squatting. I started to notice today how red her comb had gotten!! Do you guys know if she will start to lay soon or when approximately she will lay??!
7C0E974E-DDB8-4330-8FAC-F43AA4B13C20.jpeg
CBF7FD26-1B4B-4ADD-8F17-D8444A2E162C.jpeg
F7CFCF8A-0DCD-43ED-BD1F-9C2BF1CE44D1.jpeg
14DD03C9-CB7D-4DD7-B01F-AEC4C0051AB3.jpeg

The best way for me to tell us to feel in between her legs to see if the bone has separated. If you know how to find the spot, be careful just in case there is an egg in her.
Is she free-ranged? If she's like my Lupine in personality, she will lay every where except for the nesting box. My hen Lupine also lays pink eggs, so sometimes I have a hard time figuring out which eggs is hers if she has layed in the nesting box.

The best way for me to tell us to feel in between her legs to see if the bone has separated. If you know how to find the spot, be careful just in case there is an egg in her.
Is she free-ranged? If she's like my Lupine in personality, she will lay every where except for the nesting box. My hen Lupine also lays pink eggs, so sometimes I have a hard time figuring out which eggs is hers if she has layed in the nesting box.
She is free ranged whenever we can get them out but because it's so stinking cold she is inside all the time! Tomorrow alone it's supposed to be -25 degrees F!

She is free ranged whenever we can get them out but because it's so stinking cold she is inside all the time! Tomorrow alone it's supposed to be -25 degrees F!
The cold weather is probably why she isn't laying. Almost all of my hens haven't been laying due to cold and it isn't even that cold as your place!

No need to 'go inside'...or maybe I am misunderstanding?

https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/who-is-laying-and-who-is-not-butt-check.73309/
Even if pelvic bones are spread, laying could be a week or more off yet.

Bottom line is she will lay on her own time when she is ready. That being said she does look as if she will soon lay.
Ditto Dat^^^

Back
Top Bottom