I'm moving to a new house. There is plenty of land and a few ponds. I'd planned to get 4 Rouen ducks, all females from chicks. We've been waiting to get them until we move and build the duck house. Now it'll be the second week of June (at the earliest) that I can accommodate the hatch-lings. We live in the mountains and cold weather is unpredictable in the fall. My boyfriend says it will be too late and they will not be mature by the time it could get cold. Can any of you advise? These will be ducks for both eggs and meat.