When it seems no one is listening...

cookinmom

Songster
12 Years
Mar 14, 2007
Saint George GA
don't get upset that no one is answering your post right away.
barnie.gif

I don't want to sound cranky or cantankerous, but I see some posts where folks seem to be getting testy because no one is answering their question. May I suggest using the Search feature, up on the dark blue band at the top of the page. There you can enter your topic, and pull up a list of previous posts dealing with this topic. If your topic deals with feeding baby chicks, or when to move them to the coop, I guarantee you will find what you want there. Those topics come up several times a week here.

So don't get mad; someone will answer your question eventually.
big_smile.png
I hope nobody thinks I'm being mean, because I'm really not trying to be!

Last edited:
That would be funny! Fortunately for me I wasn't really expecting an answer! I do kind of laugh when people put things like tap, tap, is anybody out there. I have this mental image of them peeking into the computer screen!
big_smile.png

Thanks for bringing this up, Cookinmom!

Remember, this board is moderated by people who volunteer our time. We are not here 24/7 (unless The ChickenMaster wants to pay me heh heh). We have full time jobs and we try to check the boards as often as possible, but sometimes it was be a long time (like hours) before we can get to answer your question. The members here are likely in the same situation. And remember, sometimes no one knows the answer!

In the case of an emergency, while we want to help, we are NEVER a substitute for veterinary care. So don't wait on an answer if you have an urgent situation!!

Be patient and remember, if we don't answer in 5.3 seconds, it doesn't mean we don't care, it usually means the peron with "the" answer is not on the computer at that time.
smile.png

we all know if miss cee cee paided the mods.no one would ever leave the board unattended.an speaking of that is she still a nite owl.

tj, you're not the only one like that.

that's why i post on a couple of boards the same question. hoping someone will answer me in 5.3 seconds cuz i need immediate satisfaction.
cool.png

wynedot55, I know you.....Where have you been, you flirt!

Truth is, folks, exactly what everyone has said...We get a limited time in most of our daily schedules to address concerns sometimes... It doesn't mean we don't care or don't want to answer... We care about each concern.
Patience is appreciated, and if the concern is vital (avian emergency) PLEASE post it in the emergency forums.... Those are frequently the first place we check...

If I could afford to pay what my mods and admins are worth, We'd all be in good shape....

ive been around.i just stay hidden is all.i figured you retired from being the byc chickenmisstress.

TJ, it ain't just you!!!
wink.png

I've seen some people get downright rude that they're answer wasn't coming fast enough. I don't know about everyone else, but I would rather not answer a person's post than give them wrong info and hurt their chickens, so I leave those hard questions to the folks who know what they're doing! So if a person sees that their question has been viewed 15 times, with no response, it was probably all us newbs seeing what it was and deciding we better leave it to folks with experience.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom