When life gives you lemons.....

Petej

Songster
12 Years
Dec 6, 2010
Long Beach, WA.
About a month ago the spouse's family began to unravel at the seams, which is why we've had to move into the family farm, while her parents moved north to remedy the situation.

While I had been taking care of the farm on and off, now I do it full time. So I thought I would post some pics of it.

The farm has been re-arranged quite abit since these were taken. The rabbits moved from cages, to the dog run and back to cages I still have three loose, which is why they are going back to cages... The Quail got moved back to cages as well as the Pheasant. The Chickens are free roaming.

We'll start with some of the residents first:
photo032.jpg

I have the "bones" for a new coop and I will be assembling it here soon. The old one you see in these pictures is getting on in years and is on life support....

photo034.jpg

photo049.jpg

photo037.jpg

100_3672.jpg

Photo351.jpg

I added another half dozen eggs this morning to the incubator to help increase my chances of hatching....

Edited for title change. Not happy with the last ones....

Last edited:
Thank you. I was trying for something catchy as title.

The same ol' "Here's are bunch of pictures" thing doesn't work for me.

I'm gonna start dragging the pieces to the other coop up today to the top of the hill behind the house.

Since it's now winter break for my college classes, I actually have some time to build these lovely ladies a bigger, better coop.
smile.png

Thank you all. The wife's family is making it through, as are we. It's not a good or fun situation as it is the Patriarch of the family (wife's granddad) that is in bad shape. His health isn't good, but it is improving slowly....

I did some more re-rranging of the bird and bunnies today.

The Rabbits escaped from the big rabbit run and I have slowly been catching them over the last week or so. Once caught, they go into cages.

The Button Quail got moved back to their original cage, and it also got a tarp over it, since it's not exactly water-proof....

Back
Top Bottom