When ordering hatching eggs Why do they suggest you leave the eggs out of the incubator for 24 hours upon arrival?

I was looking to buy hatching eggs off eBay, and I saw that the seller suggested you leave the eggs out of the incubator(set upright) for 24 hours before placing them in the incubator. Why is this? How is this any different than how the eggs had already been setting out of the incubator during the whole duration of the delivery process?

I was looking to buy hatching eggs off eBay, and I saw that the seller suggested you leave the eggs out of the incubator(set upright) for 24 hours before placing them in the incubator. Why is this? How is this any different than how the eggs had already been setting out of the incubator during the whole duration of the delivery process?
In shipping, they get jostled a lot. You must give 24 hours, before incubation, so that the egg has time to recover from rough handling. When you incubate your own eggs, you are not going to be traveling with them. THey will not be shaken, turned ever which way but loose, nor banged against other things. Even if handled carefully, as they are fragile, it is still unsettling. Remember how you feel, if you had to ride a long way, without a break.

It lets them settle after being bounced around in a truck during delivery I only do 12hrs and have a great hatch rate

Back
Top Bottom