When should I let my pullets out with the hens?

We brooded the chicks in the run from just a few days old. At 4 weeks we opened 3 chick panic doors. They come out and mingle at times. And they get some pecking and chasing. Plenty of hiding places in the run.

The last couple nights they have moved into the coop at night. Sleeping on a log inside there coop. They are 6 weeks old.
How old are your other Chickens?

Moved my 9 Week old chicks into the larger coop. They seem to be doing ok. Found their food and water. Now we will see how they do when the big girls come in for the night.

Attachments

• 2DF3441A-4141-4B82-9002-689B93469D6D.jpeg
    2DF3441A-4141-4B82-9002-689B93469D6D.jpeg
    996.9 KB · Views: 1
Good to know that they get along.
mine are only 10 weeks apart so should be ok.
This is only my second flock. So I am only guessing... mixing two groups I would start with look but don't touch. Four weeks of watching then mingling. Note the hens can't fit through the panic doors to the brooder. That seems to have worked for our integration.

This is only my second flock. So I am only guessing... mixing two groups I would start with look but don't touch. Four weeks of watching then mingling. Note the hens can't fit through the panic doors to the brooder. That seems to have worked for our integration.
Mine spent 4 weeks looking at each other as kept the younger ones cooped so they could get used to each other. They have mingled in the yard for about a week now doing fine. So cross my fingers this works.

Back
Top Bottom