When should I stop using medicated start and grow for 3 month old buff orpingtons...

Thank you all!

We just went to TSC intending to get the same feed only non medicated and try the pellets. Guess what...sold out🙄

So, we ended up getting an all flock pellet with 20% protein and got 50 pounds of oyster shell. I was happy because the feed was cheaper...then as hubby was putting in the car he noticed it was 40 pounds instead of 50 pounds...UGHH

Oh well...that's what they're getting this time around. We mixed it with the leftover crumbles so we shall see.

I will say this new feed smells really good!!...lol
You bought Nutrena.
Yeah, the 40# bag makes many think its cheaper feed, since most look to price, not price/pound.

Its good feed though, I've used it myself w/o complaint or concern.

Why so long?
I took my first chicks off of medicated feed when they were like 10 weeks and in two or three weeks they got coccidulosis and two of them died I put the remaining two on corid and put them back on medicated and they are doing good now so I just keep chicks on medicated till 20 weeks. I don't mind, it's the same price as non-medicated over here so it's worth it just to make sure.

Back
Top Bottom