When should i toss the incubated eggs?

Yay! You did it! Let us know if there are any pips.
Well, so far, I left them be but we had 6 new additions, 2 full pips (eggs broken beaks out) so we are at 25 quail if these guy hatch fully!

I was seriously tempted to jump in and help one egg. poor thing was flipping out and spazzing before it got out its egg and just laid there. I thought maybe it died but its moving around fine now. I watch another hatch and wear its egg as a helmet. I'm still nervous on the chickens but the quail seem to be making a army😂👏

Uh.. temp gauge says 100f 68% humidity. Humidity is correct but temp is off , thermometer reads slightly over 99f. This is lockdown temp though

I was incubating at 100f with humidity kept between 55-57%
Ok! I was thinking maybe you didnt have any pips because your temp was low. It was actually a tad high for chicken eggs!

So I panicked. I noticed this one and another had pipped, but making no progress. The last couple to hatch where very weak so I took it as a sign to watch these 2. (The last two pip) this one had made a hole and I watched it wriggle . Kept checking to see its little beak move. It stopped moving. I waited a hr and just panicked, removing it just now. 😭 I got a cue tip and warm water, started to peel the shell, and it's gone. I pulled the other egg as I saw it stop moving as well through the membrane. Well, that ones alive but very weak. I dipped a.cue tip in warm sugar water , dripped a small amount of it into its beak and it perked and cheeped. It's still wet but I warmed it on my chest then put it back in the incubator to dry. It's currently making small but noticeable weaker cheeps then its siblings
16541891109918044366823376310724.jpg

So I panicked. I noticed this one and another had pipped, but making no progress. The last couple to hatch where very weak so I took it as a sign to watch these 2. (The last two pip) this one had made a hole and I watched it wriggle . Kept checking to see its little beak move. It stopped moving. I waited a hr and just panicked, removing it just now. 😭 I got a cue tip and warm water, started to peel the shell, and it's gone. I pulled the other egg as I saw it stop moving as well through the membrane. Well, that ones alive but very weak. I dipped a.cue tip in warm sugar water , dripped a small amount of it into its beak and it perked and cheeped. It's still wet but I warmed it on my chest then put it back in the incubator to dry. It's currently making small but noticeable weaker cheeps then its siblings
View attachment 3133442

Attachments

• 16541897101214100184052970209649.jpg
    16541897101214100184052970209649.jpg
    269 KB · Views: 2
So today would be day uh... 23 /24. We've had 25 hatch, 23 survive and do extremely well. I dont think anymore will hatch. The chicken eggs have shown no sign of life. Which... is disappointing. =( the quail that made it are lil buggers though. Very healthy, about to be split into 2 diff brooder (my keep and sell 😅)

Overall, it was a experience I enjoyed. I'll post pics from my eggtopsy later tonight.

Back
Top Bottom