When should i toss the incubated eggs?

Chickengnome91

Chirping
May 12, 2022
So we did a mix of quail and banties. Banties have been in a day longer (so they are at day... 21 while quail just hit day 20. )

Day 17- 2/41 quail born 39/41 quail to hatch 9/9 chickens
Day 18- 14/39 hatched 25/41 quail left to hatch 9/9 chickens
Day 19- 4/25 quail hatched leaving 21 quail to hatch and still 9 chickens 😬

I'm really hesitant to pull the chickens as I know it can normally hatch on day 21, at same time I also know bantams are more prone to hatch day 18/19 due to there size.

So should I give everyone 2 more days? Or just wait till end of today and see?

Oh no. Many bantams hatch on day 21. The only Bantam I have had hatch on day 19 was a Sebright/OEGB cross. The other hatched on day 21. Leave the chicken eggs in until day 25 and then candle before tossing. Do an eggtopsy where you open the egg also. It will give you some insight on when they died. Feel free to take pics and post here, under a spoiler.

Oh no. Many bantams hatch on day 21. The only Bantam I have had hatch on day 19 was a Sebright/OEGB cross. The other hatched on day 21. Leave the chicken eggs in until day 25 and then candle before tossing. Do an eggtopsy where you open the egg also. It will give you some insight on when they died. Feel free to take pics and post here, under a spoiler.
I'll do that! Today should be day 21 for chickens sooo crossing my fingers and toes something happens. If nothing does then its gonna be a huge bummer. (I also got eggs on the way to retry ... so theres that happiness)

Once I figure out how to add pics, I'll go ahead and show eggtopsy results!

I'll do that! Today should be day 21 for chickens sooo crossing my fingers and toes something happens. If nothing does then its gonna be a huge bummer. (I also got eggs on the way to retry ... so theres that happiness)

Once I figure out how to add pics, I'll go ahead and show eggtopsy results!
When you reply, there is a little landscape picture frame. If you click on that it opens the box that says add image. Click on that and it brings you to camera roll. Or files on a computer.

When you reply, there is a little landscape picture frame. If you click on that it opens the box that says add image. Click on that and it brings you to camera roll. Or files on a computer.
20220602_091651.jpg

Yay! You did it! Let us know if there are any pips.
Well, so far, I left them be but we had 6 new additions, 2 full pips (eggs broken beaks out) so we are at 25 quail if these guy hatch fully!

I was seriously tempted to jump in and help one egg. poor thing was flipping out and spazzing before it got out its egg and just laid there. I thought maybe it died but its moving around fine now. I watch another hatch and wear its egg as a helmet. I'm still nervous on the chickens but the quail seem to be making a army😂👏

Uh.. temp gauge says 100f 68% humidity. Humidity is correct but temp is off , thermometer reads slightly over 99f. This is lockdown temp though

I was incubating at 100f with humidity kept between 55-57%
Ok! I was thinking maybe you didnt have any pips because your temp was low. It was actually a tad high for chicken eggs!

Looks like everything might be 24 hours late on average to hatch so your chicken eggs might not hatch till day 22

That's assuming you are hatching jap quail

I would wait till your chicken eggs are at day 24 before biffing them
Mine are coturnix quail so I think so? (I think official name is coturnix japonica)

Back
Top Bottom