When...... The fake egg???

Do they squat down when you go to pet them? Then they’re ready, put the fake eggs in each nesting box. The squat is the ready sign
What if they never let you pet them? When they are ready will they then squat when I try to pet them? They will come to me for meal worms but run like I am trying to do them in if I try to pet them! They are 19 weeks now. 2 EE 1 BR

What if they never let you pet them? When they are ready will they then squat when I try to pet them? They will come to me for meal worms but run like I am trying to do them in if I try to pet them! They are 19 weeks now. 2 EE 1 BR

When they start squatting, you will know. Two of my most skittish chickens that never let me pet them started squatting when I walked up to them and just reached forward. Now, I don't even have to reach for them...they just squat when I walk up to them.

Give them a little more time. Trust me, THEY WILL, especially if you have spent any time with them while they were growing up. All 4 of my girls do the squat thing now and love being petted. They are 6 months old and i love em to death.

Give them a little more time. Trust me, THEY WILL, especially if you have spent any time with them while they were growing up. All 4 of my girls do the squat thing now and love being petted. They are 6 months old and i love em to death.

I have had them since they were chicks. My BR is most friendly. She will jump onto my lap for meal worms! The 2 EE are so skittish!!! Glad to know that they will calm down.

Back
Top Bottom