When to admit defeat?

Thank you Chickastick.

I think you're absolutely correct; in watching and caring closely for a vulnerable creature, we notice their charms, foibles and personalities, endearing them to us.

Birds have meant nothing to me for 36 years. I'm so glad that's changed, despite the heartache it inevitably brings.

Love,
Cleo
xxxx

Thank you for such kind words. It makes a difference to know I'm not weird for feeling this way about a chicken. My chickenless friends and family are a little bemused by it. Thank goodness for BYC.

I certainly shall look into electrolytes. Pecksniff stood near the drinkers most of the time, and even when not eating, did drink. I change the water several times per day, but who's to say electrolytes didn't play a part? I'm open to anything, after today!

Cleo.
xxx

electrolytes are easy to make:

1tbs organic cane sugar/ raw honey
1/8 tsp sea salt
1/8 tsp baking soda
stir into 8 oz of filtered water

it will help but it will not save a sick chicken. unfortunately chickens are weak and can die any moment. my big fat naked neck girl went to lay an egg and couldn't stand the heat, can you imagine my shock when I found her dead in the nesting box just an hour after I gave them chopped vegetables for a fresh snack?!

Back
Top Bottom