When to combine chicks with adult hens

well, I went out and cut panic doors inside the coop and out in the run, they are
4"x6" door ways. a couple of the chicks ventured to the big girls side, but couldn't figure how to get back in their side of the run, so I had to push them through the doorway. it seemed to work. so no now we will see how things go.

here a few pictures of the panic doors and some of the get away from big girls things

IMG_0808 (1).JPG

IMG_0805.JPG

IMG_0807.JPG

IMG_0804 (1).JPG

IMG_0806 (1).JPG

IMG_0803.JPG

IMG_0802.JPG

IMG_0801.JPG

Nice job with the panic doors! How are things going with the chicks and are they finding the panic doors better?
I had to give a couple of them a shove through the doors a couple times, now they seem to be going back and forth from one side to the other, but only for a brief time. so far there hasn't been any major issues other than a peck or two

the chicks have not ventured back over to the hens side anymore, its been a few days.
Question ?
how long should I wait or should I say how old should they be, before I remove the fence that separates the chicks from the hens? I wanted this transaction to happen soon.

Can you lock the bigs out of the coop and shove the chicks thru the doors, get them moving back and forth again?
They've only been able to go thru for a week, right?...
...but chickened out(haha!) after a few days?
How old are the chicks?

Or you could just take the barriers down and let it be what it will be.

Back
Top Bottom