When to expect eggs?

gapeach717

Songster
7 Years
Mar 9, 2012
North, ga
If all my chicks were born in this month, when should I possibly expect eggs to start showing up? I know I have read somewhere about molting and not laying in cold winters? I live in the deep south and we are lucky to see freezing a whole lot in the winters. Do you think I will see eggs this year?

Thank you!

thank you both!! that puts me ummm right on the FIRST day of our out of town vacation....looks like someone else will be eating my first eggs!!!
barnie.gif

Same thing happened to us. We went on vacation, had the nesting boxes all set, explained the routine to son's friend who was taking care of them. He did a great job. I would check in every other day with him & ask....any eggs? Nope. Came home on a Sunday, went to the coop to see them and there they were.....2 eggs in the corner on the floor! I asked the my son's friend if was sure he check the coop thoroughly every morning & night....Yep he did. Figured they must of been laid later in the afternoon afternoon after he gave them some treats! Don't know why on the floor....beginners I guess!! lol

Back
Top Bottom