When to intervene with duck egg

What day of incubation is today?
They were set in the incubator on April 6 so this would be day 28? Not much progress made today but the pip is getting a bit bigger. I can hear the duckling chirping/clicking and if I move the membrane a bit I can see it moving around too. I’ll get another pic shortly and post it

97D6A17C-0BE5-4B71-B962-F0ECAEBC9E6B.jpeg
4C56A813-6D55-47BA-B09D-8C45CDC9036A.jpeg

First pic is from about 6:30 this morning second is about 10:30 at night. So some progress but not much since the first pip on Monday

What is your humidity at? Do you have a small bright flashlight that you can candle with? If you're using the NR360, you usually have to turn the egg upright to candle, so that's why I suggest a small flashlight so you can candle with it laying down without picking it up

What is your humidity at? Do you have a small bright flashlight that you can candle with? If you're using the NR360, you usually have to turn the egg upright to candle, so that's why I suggest a small flashlight so you can candle with it laying down without picking it up
Ok humidity has been at 80% give it take a couple points due to weather and refilling the water. I am using the NR360 and do have a smaller flashlight. Never was a fan of the built in light

Sounds like everything is good. Using your light, shine in the air cell and look for veins along the inside of the egg wall, especially thick veins. Is the bill clear from any membrane, and visible to you?

Sounds like everything is good. Using your light, shine in the air cell and look for veins along the inside of the egg wall, especially thick veins. Is the bill clear from any membrane, and visible to you?
Bill is visible if I pull back the membrane a bit. I’ll check for veins. I’m used to chickens. The pip and an hour later Ta Da! A little floof stumbling around 😂

No veins that I could see. Even looked thru the hole and everything looks good. The little bugger is chirping away. And looks like it’s trying to zip around but just seems to be struggling

Back
Top Bottom