when to pick up chicks ?

flopshot

Songster
10 Years
Feb 17, 2009
so the chicks are due in to the feed store thursday. should i go get them right away or wait for the possible 'stress' of shipment to show ? i was thinking friday would be a better choice as the chicks would have had a day to settle down. thanks.

Immediately if I were you. The stress from shipping will be overcome much easier if an individual does it. You will watch them more carefully than they will. Unless the shipment is specifically for you, they could be all gone come Fri. Fuzzy butts!!!!

It seems like I always lose around 10% of my chicks either way, so you should probably go get them before someone else does!

I'd pick them up as soon as possible. Giving them a day to settle down at the feed store may just stress them more if you move them again. This way you'll get one of the first picks, too.

It's best to get them right away!

Be sure to post pics so we can all see them once you get them home and settled in.
smile.png

I'd get them immediately too
smile.png
Especially if they have a breed you want. Around here, chicks are selling out within 2 hours in some cases and it takes a while for them to get that same breed in again.

thanks for the replies. i was concerned about selling out but i had not considered the fact that personal attention would be a plus.

I waited a day and now i have so many problems with my babies. They werent taken very good care of at the store from the time they arrived to when i picked them up. I now go at opening when i dont special order and within a couple hours of opening when they get their shippments. I figure they are better at home with us!

Back
Top Bottom