1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

when to put ducks to the pond???

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by shadust1, May 21, 2011.

1. shadust1

shadust1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2011
    loretto, pa
    so we put a box in the water(off the water on stilts)...carried the ducks down to the box..put them in there box...they wouldnt come out so we went into the water and made them get in...the flapped there wings and flew onto the shore...so we let them walk around a little...made them make there way back down to the pond..they went along the edge and ducked there heads and ate some stuff...but they wouldnt go into the pond..they were scared...and so was i..lol...i didnt wanna lose them..lol....so then we brought them back up to my greenhouse(there house)..lol...so my question is....did i do this right..should i slowly take them down everyday and let them walk around..im scared they r gonna run away...please help!!!

btw...they r 6 weeks old......

2. gofasterstripe

gofasterstripe Chillin' With My Peeps

They are still babies, I would be scared to if you took me somewhere I didnt know. I would leave them living where they are and when they are older and more brave they will make their own way there.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by