when to put in bedding material?

First-
welcome-byc.gif

Ok, I have always brought my new chicks home to pine shavings. Others will say to keep them on paper towels (not newspaper) for a couple weeks but i have never had a problem with them eating the shavings. The worst thing is that they get it into the water dishes so if you put them in with pine shavings, make sure that you elevate the water by using a brick or something. Good luck and have fun with your new babies!
clap.gif

OK thanks....I'm tired of them trying to eat their poo...I thought if I went ahead and put the shavings in they would stop. But then I thought...maybe they'll eat the shavings! What's a mother to do?????
roll.png

I have babies on pine shavings
some are on this corn horse bedding - it's not very soft but it's what TSC had them on - I will probably change soon -
I have a mother hen with babies on straw and pine shavings.

I think pine shavings are nice- softer they can scratch around and cheaper

Thanks y'all! I have raised babies before but not from day one.....I dont have a roo, so I got these eggs from a friend and had my broody girl "Squeezy" sit on them for me. They are so darn cute...My DH passed out cigars at work and told everyone that he was the grandfather of twins and then showed their picture around! Really had everyone going!!!!!
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom