When to put my eggs on lock down (new baby pic added)

Quote:
I'm sorry, I must have misread. I thought it was a Call. It's a teeny little thing.
smile.png

It is small, which is why I'm a little worried about having call in there! Our birds are not separated into breeding pens yet. My australian spotted ducks are snoots in the fact that they are only around each other. When one of the females started laying, I thought what the heck and tossed them into the incubator. Time will tell as it gets bigger!

What a little cutie!! And Im sure it will be getting thoroughly spoilt until it has some duckies friends next week. Congratulations on the new arrival.

That first picture is the cutest pictur I have ever seen. Beware they grow fast. I hatched out 2 ducklings 18 days ago and they have tripled in size, and they are a khaki campbell/runner cross so not that big of duck. I am amazed how fast they grow, and how stinky they are
lau.gif

Thanks for the compliments. We named her Lola and she is doing very well. She is in fact quite spoiled when we are home. When we are not home, she has a stuffed animal rabbit to snuggle with. I just put the other 2 eggs into lockdown tonight. Hopefully Lolo will have some company by this weekend!

Back
Top Bottom