When To Switch ?

Quote:
Typically not, because you don't know exactly when you'll get the first egg and their nutritional requirements are different. I fed mine the grower pellets until I got the first egg and finished the bag then switched to layer pellets.
smile.png

Quote:
Typically not, because you don't know exactly when you'll get the first egg and their nutritional requirements are different. I fed mine the grower pellets until I got the first egg and finished the bag then switched to layer pellets.
smile.png

So they start out on chick starter, then grower pellets, then finnally layer crumbles? Mine are 17 weeks and I put them on layer crumbles because they are part RIR. Since I already started them should go to half grower and half layer?

Quote:
smile.png

So they start out on chick starter, then grower pellets, then finnally layer crumbles? Mine are 17 weeks and I put them on layer crumbles because they are part RIR. Since I already started them should go to half grower and half layer?

Have they started showing signs of getting ready to lay? If so, I would just stay with what you're feeding them. I found that with the pellets there is less waste than with crumbles. Yours are old enough to be on pellets if you wanted to put them on it.

Quote:

Have they started showing signs of getting ready to lay? If so, I would just stay with what you're feeding them. I found that with the pellets there is less waste than with crumbles. Yours are old enough to be on pellets if you wanted to put them on it.

I don't any are ready yet. They behave the same as they always have. I will give pellets a try when the crumbles are gone. Thank you for the advice.

My chickens did not seem to like the pellets at first.But I give them daily scraps to substitute and let them out in the garden for an hour to dig bugs and eat grass.They seem to be eating the pellets now and I have cut back on the scraps.
roll.png

Quote:

I don't any are ready yet. They behave the same as they always have. I will give pellets a try when the crumbles are gone. Thank you for the advice.

you're welcome

Back
Top Bottom