When tonlet them outside

There are a few things to consider. Are you integrating them with an adult flock? Also the weather where you live is a factor. Can you provide them a safe spot outside that is the appropriate temperature where older/existing flock members cannot injur them?

Frist time raising chickens there only a day old I got them in the mail this morning and was unsure when to let them out in the coop live in az temps still at 104

upload_2019-8-24_20-12-38.jpeg

I’m not sure your night time temps, so you can best judge if they need a heat source at night, but if it’s 100 degrees there, they can probably go straight to the coop! It sounds like there aren’t existing chickens that could bully them to worry about.

First time raising chickens there only a day old I got them in the mail this morning and was unsure when to let them out in the coop live in az temps still at 104
I'm in AZ too, much cooler, but it still got 104 or close, I lost 20%. This was the first time I'd taken them from the post office to outside, and my first losses. (I posted about that experience in another thread about "where do you put your brooder" or similar ) . I'm back to starting them out in the bathroom, for at least a week. Please learn from my mistake, put them in the bathroom where you can stabilize their temps before exposing them to even 96 F degrees, much less 100+. Best of luck!

I'm in AZ too, much cooler, but it still got 104 or close, I lost 20%. This was the first time I'd taken them from the post office to outside, and my first losses. (I posted about that experience in another thread about "where do you put your brooder" or similar ) . I'm back to starting them out in the bathroom, for at least a week. Please learn from my mistake, put them in the bathroom where you can stabilize their temps before exposing them to even 96 F degrees, much less 100+. Best of luck!

I was wondering about the heat and no escape.

I am sorry you lost chicks.

Back
Top Bottom