1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

When when when

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by sky king, Jun 17, 2011.

1. sky king

sky king Out Of The Brooder

Apr 25, 2011
    Rome GA
    My chikens r Bout 3 months an 3 weeks old. About when will they start laying Cause daddy is ready for some fresh eggs [​IMG]

2. mljohnson05

mljohnson05 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2011
    Missouri
    Hard to tell...really depends on the individual chick... I have seen as early as 16 weeks and as late as 8-10 months [​IMG]

3. ChicKat

ChicKat Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

My barred Rock pullets started at 6-months....so if yours do the same, that would give you 2-months and 1-week to wait on them.

seems like a long time---but so worth the wait.

4. HEChicken

HEChicken Overrun With Chickens

Aug 12, 2009
    BuCo, KS
    My Coop
    Somewhere between 5-6 months is most common, so you've a few weeks to wait yet. Once it does happen it will seem remarkable that in just 5 months a chicken can go from being IN an egg to LAYING that same egg.

5. sky king

sky king Out Of The Brooder

Apr 25, 2011
    Rome GA
    Yea I'm blown away an the hole chicken thing I didn't think I couldent get atached like I am. I love all my gurls but my little barred rocks are my reall sweethearts I mean they cme runnin to me an every thing Now just need eggs lol but I can wait :) cause when they do they do start Layin it's Goin to be fun

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by