1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

When will my chicken lay an egg?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by chickenman636, Aug 11, 2014.

1. chickenman636

chickenman636 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 29, 2014
    Tennessee
    My Coop
    This is my 20 week old barred rock chicken that i am waiting on eggs from. She is the oldest of our chickens and the leader of the group. Her comb and waddles and face are real red but she does not squat yet (i dont think she does). What is your advice on when she will start laying eggs and what i should do in preparation. Thanks
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. hollilynn

hollilynn Out Of The Brooder

Sep 16, 2013
    My 19 week old barred rock has just started. She has produced 2 nice pink eggs over a weeks' span. Her comb and waddle are larger than yours but similar in color. [​IMG]

The egg on the left is BR, the other is from a Sagitta.... Both chickens started kinda early

3. chickenman636

chickenman636 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 29, 2014
    Tennessee
    My Coop
    Could you please send a picture of her?? What signs did she give you before she layed?

4. hollilynn

Sep 16, 2013
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    She is just now squatting, but other than that no signs really

5. hollilynn

Sep 16, 2013
    [​IMG]

6. hollilynn

Sep 16, 2013
    [​IMG]

7. sahmhomesteader

sahmhomesteader Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 3, 2013
    SW Ohio
    My 3 barred rock pullets are 21 weeks. 1 of them has bright red comb and wattles, the others are still pink. They all squat. No eggs yet.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by