When will my chicken lay

Hi there,
frow.gif
and welcome to BYC!

Generally within one week of the birds doing the squat, you will see eggs. So you are coming down the home stretch now!
lol.png

Keep your eyes peeled for that first egg! Put some fake eggs in the nest boxes to tell the hens where you want them to lay. And if you free range your birds, you may have to go on an egg hunt!

Great to have you aboard!

Welcome to BYC! It's very exciting! Once chickens start "the squat" VERY soon after that eggs will be coming ad it's good luck to post about your eggs here!

Thanks, I share a coop with my friend, she has two Americanas that are a little older than mine and one just layed it's first egg today

They have been doing the squat for a while now but they are only 4 months old, they were born October 2. I don't know why they are doing the squat?

What kind of chickens are they? Some breeds lay earlier than others, and also squat for a little longer before laying a egg. Or do you have a rooster? And if so is it older? He might be more mature than her and start trying things
1f609.png

My Americana and my dark Cornish are squating, it might be because they see my friends doing it since they share a coop, my friends are older and have been doing it for a while, she has two Americanas

Back
Top Bottom