When will my chickens lay?

Sunny-Side Up

Turn towards the sun & the shadows fall behind you
May 1, 2017
I haven't been on here for a while!
My chickens are 19 weeks old, and I'm wondering when they'll lay, or what the usual is for the breeds I have. These are my breeds: Golden Sex Link, Barred Rock, Black Australorp, Easter Egger, White Silkie, Light Brahma, and Silver Laced Polish.
My guess is that either my GSL or BR will lay first, with my Australorp close behind. After that, I think my Easter Egger, and then I'm not sure.
The first three are really starting to get big, red combs and wattles and my GSL and BR started squatting just a few days ago.
How long after squatting do they start laying?
Thanks, and I'm hoping for that first egg soon!:fl

Could be any day! Are your girls exploring the nesting boxes? They usually will do that first. They mess them up and even sit in them for awhile without laying. Then one day when you go look you find eggs! My red stars laid at exactly 19 weeks to the day! That was on June 5th. Today my Barred rock and my Easter Egger each laid their first egg. It won't be long, your girls sound ready! Enjoy! :hugs

todays eggs small 6 15.jpg

Thanks! That gives me hope! My chickens have started to sit in the nesting boxes and move things around, so hopefully...

Not yet this morning, but I'll keep checking! Should be soon!:fl:pop:wee

Back
Top Bottom