When will my goose’s eyes turn blue?

lilolilman

Songster
Jun 22, 2021
Long Island, NY
My male pilgrim goose is 9 weeks old now and he is getting more beautiful each day! It seems like he is close to full grown. I have seen pictures of adult male pilgrim geese with very blue eyes, but his seem to be very dark still, and I was wondering at what age I should expect to see his eye color change?

Thanks!! :) here’s a pic of Squall (male) and Pepper (female)

Attachments

• 14CDBFDD-C208-4A47-BB9C-099B1B0C25F8.jpeg
    14CDBFDD-C208-4A47-BB9C-099B1B0C25F8.jpeg
    534.6 KB · Views: 48
I'm really curious about this, too. My one goose looks nothing like a Roman Tufted like we were told she'd be. She's got gray coloring and brown eyes. Her bill changed from blackish to orange as she got a little older, but I never thought about eye color changing. I didn't think that was a thing that happened, at least as drastically as from brown to blue, lol. So I just assume she's at least a cross with something else.

I'm really curious about this, too. My one goose looks nothing like a Roman Tufted like we were told she'd be. She's got gray coloring and brown eyes. Her bill changed from blackish to orange as she got a little older, but I never thought about eye color changing. I didn't think that was a thing that happened, at least as drastically as from brown to blue, lol. So I just assume she's at least a cross with something else.
How old is she??

9 weeks old? Hmmm my pilgrim ganders (pictured) had blue eyes from 1 month old and on. Maybe even before that.....are you totally certain he is pure pilgrim? Try to get him into good lighting and see if you can take a look at his eye color. Hard to tell in this pic

Back
Top Bottom