When will my muscovy eggs hatch?

nanaluvsgps

Songster
7 Years
Apr 5, 2012
Australia
Hi all, I have a broody muscovy that is setting on some eggs. I'm not sure when she started to brood thats the problem, but when I candled the eggs they were all completely black except for about half a cm near the air sack. How many days till they hatch. (I know it takes 35 days), so with only half a cm of growing left, whats your guess. Thanks all, Naomi

Hi all, I have a broody muscovy that is setting on some eggs. I'm not sure when she started to brood thats the problem, but when I candled the eggs they were all completely black except for about half a cm near the air sack. How many days till they hatch. (I know it takes 35 days), so with only half a cm of growing left, whats your guess. Thanks all, Naomi
I'd say anytime now.
thumbsup.gif

Let us know, and don't worry it can take 36 hrs for a duckling to go from internal pip to zip. so patience is the name of the game when hatching. when you candle again you may see the duckling pushing on the membrane trying to break through, if you see that don't mess with the eggs anymore because mama is keeping humidity just right to keep the ducklings from getting shrink wrapped while hatching. So SIT on YOUR HANDS LOL

Got the dates all wrong! again... lol but it has been so stressful! long story short 48 hours after internal pip, the egg shells where to hard for them to break through. All 9 had to be helped in the process. Waiting on 1 egg for him to at least absorb half of the blood veins (Membrain dried on him, can't move.) My question is that with all of the baby ducklings the yolk was absorbed but their was a pink tube from their vent connecting them to the egg. Do you know what it could have been? And is it usual for them to have big vents as newborns? Thanks, Na.

Got the dates all wrong! again... lol but it has been so stressful! long story short 48 hours after internal pip, the egg shells where to hard for them to break through. All 9 had to be helped in the process. Waiting on 1 egg for him to at least absorb half of the blood veins (Membrain dried on him, can't move.) My question is that with all of the baby ducklings the yolk was absorbed but their was a pink tube from their vent connecting them to the egg. Do you know what it could have been? And is it usual for them to have big vents as newborns? Thanks, Na.
I've never seen that before sounds like they weren't ready to hatch, still had a ways to go. did you get pics?

7 bubs. 1 fell out of the nest and died, 1 used the food bowl then some how got onto the wheel of the chook tractor and got in her high bucket :(. How long will she let her baby diddles go under her for, like how many weeks over night?

7 bubs. 1 fell out of the nest and died, 1 used the food bowl then some how got onto the wheel of the chook tractor and got in her high bucket :(. How long will she let her baby diddles go under her for, like how many weeks over night?
Some will keep their ducklings up to 6 weeks some much less my mamas so far are usually 4 weeks then it's time to move on. they will still sleep with them at night but pretty much leave them to themselves during the day. after week 4.

Back
Top Bottom