FindleyFeatherFarm

In the Brooder
Feb 26, 2021
We brought home 7 guineas that are all a year old or older. They were raised together. The previous owner said that one of them laid eggs last year and those were hatched. They have been with us for two months now. We were given the guineas for free, but had to give the previous owner some of the keets that hatch. We are curious as to when they will start to lay eggs? We are located in Southern Illinois and get around 12&1/2 hours of day light, but the coop has a light that stays on for 14 hours.

Not sure if they all start laying around April but there's a guy down from me here im in south Alabama he said his usually start laying very end of March first week of April. I've never owned them but was also looking for hatching eggs this past weekend.
Alright. We will just have to keep an eye on them then. Hopefully they will start laying within the next couple of weeks! Thanks!!

We brought home 7 guineas that are all a year old or older. They were raised together. The previous owner said that one of them laid eggs last year and those were hatched. They have been with us for two months now. We were given the guineas for free, but had to give the previous owner some of the keets that hatch. We are curious as to when they will start to lay eggs? We are located in Southern Illinois and get around 12&1/2 hours of day light, but the coop has a light that stays on for 14 hours.
I’m in Oklahoma and I don’t think that our girls have started laying yet...

Attachments

• 20210510_213306.jpg
    20210510_213306.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 1
Alternatively, I removed 54 eggs from the coop today. I knew there were several, but not that many. Rosie just kept stacking them on top of each other between layers of bedding, the other 2 drop them whereever so I'd toss them in the communal nest to be adjusted into the layers. But for the past 2 days, I've gone in to find eggs scattered everywhere. I took that to be a rejection. So I took them all out, raked the bedding, left it in a pile, and when I returned a few hrs. later, they'd done housekeeping, spread out the bedding, and there were three proper indentions for nesting. I guess she told them she wasn't babysitting anymore? 🤷‍♀️

Back
Top Bottom