When will people learn?

chicktasticvt

Songster
11 Years
Mar 17, 2008
Bennington, VT
Last week (wednesday April 16th) my FIL was almost taken from us, luckily h reacted quick enough to avoid being involved. Unfortunately 2 local kids and another older man did not have the same fate: http://www.benningtonbanner.com/search/ci_8969073?IADID=Search-www.benningtonbanner.com-www.benningtonbanner.com

This
outraged me to think that driver would blatently admitt he knew of a prblem and then told police that he does not like to down shift while driving! To top it off another trucker did the same thing ONE week later in the same spot, but thankfully noone was killed this time!
http://www.benningtonbanner.com/sea...benningtonbanner.com-www.benningtonbanner.com

I have to drive this road to get in and out of town, I am in fear for my life and my childrens. Just seems that DOT is not doing there jobs very well, there have been 5 of these tractor trailer accidents in that spot in the last 2 years!

Sorry for the rant, but i'm beside myself wondering if the next time I have to go out of town, Will it be me and my children you read about in the paper?
barnie.gif
somad.gif
:thun

What a sad story! Thank God for your FIL's quick thinking!

I know what you mean. Lately I have seen countless vehicles (especially tractor trailers) in my area run "very" red lights. It's gotten to the point where I do not go as soon as the light turns green anymore. I look both ways first. This has saved our lives a few times.

Unfortunately, a lot of people don't observe common safety rules on the road anymore. It is scary taking our families out on the roads these days.
ep.gif

I'm glad to hear your FIL is safe and sound, its too bad the other's weren't. I dread driving the highways/turnpike in the mountains around here b/c of some of the erratic semi-drivers. Scares me to high heaven. Fortunately they are frequently not the most dangerous of drivers, but their size & weight pack a lot of punch if something goes wrong. I habitually keep my distance. Yikes!

The corner where the accidents happened is a blind , almost hair pin corner, so when you approach it either way there is no way of seeing if anything is coming at you from the other direction. I cringe every time I come up to it, not knowing what is around it!

Sounds like there will be a lawsuit pending, it was unsecured at was required by law to be secured. The trucking company should know better, it sounds like it was paper for a web printing press (I work in printing) those are huge, heavy & well duh unstable due to their shape. Glad your FIL is ok!

Quote:
The trucker admitted he knew the load was not secured in his statement, but there has been no word of a lawsuit yet. The paper rolls each weighed 7,000 - 8,000lbs a piece. If I remember right they said there were ? 8 ? of them.

I just went to dinner in the college cafeteria and I sat at a table with these girls I had met awhile back. During all of dinner I had to listen to their "drunk driving" stories. Stuff like that just makes me absolutely sick. Supposedly the one girl got pulled over last night and got off with a warning. What is wrong with this world? I'm sure if she has crashed into someone else they wouldn't have let her off with JUST a warning!

Back
Top Bottom