When will the eggs get BIGGER!!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by momto2, Nov 18, 2008.

1. momto2

momto2 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    Northern Maine
    One of my RIRs is finally laying!! One every day(Yeah). The eggs are still a little small. Will they get bigger?? What I would do for a double yolk!!!

2. hensdeliverthegoods

hensdeliverthegoods Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2007
    Catawba County, NC
    Yes, they will get bigger. It can take at least a month. And you're more likely to get double yolkers in the beginning when their systems are getting regulated. So it should be soon! [​IMG]

3. buc

buc Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2007
    kansas
    Yes, they will get bigger. They should be full size within a month.

Given that it is getting colder amking sure they have pleanty of ice free clean water will be key to thier production.

[​IMG]

4. chilisweet

chilisweet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2008
    Vancouver, WA
    Really full sized eggs within a month? Like they wont get any bigger than that? I have an orp, wyandottes and a variety of rocks. Everything I've read about these say they lay large eggs. The eggs they are laying now are considered medium and they have been laying for at least 2 months now if not longer. I really was hoping for bigger eggs to come....

~caran

5. leasmom

leasmom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2008
    Mine are considered mediums...will it get to large within a month, she's been laying 2 wks now...

6. LynneP

LynneP Chillin' With My Peeps

One day soon you'll go in and you'll have several LARGE eggs...heh. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by