When will the feathers grow back?

Love my Critters!

Songster
11 Years
Apr 15, 2008
Carlsbad, NM
I have 6 EE hens that have broke/missing feathers on their back from our big EE Rooster. I rehomed the big guy about a month ago because he was so big and doing so much damage to my hens. Well my question is when will they grow back? I know when feathers are pulled out they will regrow before the next molt. I'm sure these were broken, but the hen's backs are bare with no feathers. Will they have to wait until their next molt? If anyone has any info I would really appreciate it.
Thanks!

They will grow in slowly prior to the molt, but she won't have a full coat until then. Be patient, she'll be ok!

I have a couple of hens in the same predicament. Their backs look like what you'd buy in the grocery store! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they'll have beautiful feathers again.
fl.gif

I used aprons for the hens and they did not help. In fact, the aprons didn't cover part of the wing, which is now bald as well. So, the feathers are gone, the roosters are gone, and I am wondering if the op's hens grew back all their feathers after the molt.

Back
Top Bottom