When you first collect an egg, how do you know if it's fertile?

Thanks. It's from my own hens. So I can put it in the incubator now?
yes i would if they were mine , there are lots of site you can see candled eggs which have helped me . if you are unsure that the eggs are the day they should be mark them and keep an eye on them . i always move them away from the good ones or the ones you can see movement . good luck and keep us posted
frow.gif

Thanks for all the help, everyone. I'm learning so much!

My eggs are marked with identification, age, front, back, whether it's a questionable hatch or not, and everything is marked in a notebook with profiles for each egg. Doesn't help the wait is already killing me.
th.gif

Thanks for all the help, everyone. I'm learning so much!

My eggs are marked with identification, age, front, back, whether it's a questionable hatch or not, and everything is marked in a notebook with profiles for each egg. Doesn't help the wait is already killing me.
th.gif
thats the worse bit
caf.gif
if you are not sure about the eggs keep until you are i didnt throw mine until 2 days after just incase they were late hatchers . i only had 2 hatch but mine was a home made bator and my first time but they went to about day 10 . you learn and im glad that 2 hatched . below 15 days old and first time out the brooder in the sun , they loved it .

Back
Top Bottom