Where am i ever going to put these meaties?

ya our coyotes are more like dogs, sheepish and timid.

See how you make out with your first batch of meaties. if you find that the air is getting stuffy inside the brooder around the 4 week mark, then you may need to build a hardware cloth or wire top for your brooder.

Well I found a huge wire top down in the barn I can use, so it looks like I'm set for that
smile.png
I only put 4 screws in the fixed portion so I could pull it off later, and the hinged lid can obviously be taken off easily. Right now its enclosed because our temps are still kind of nutso ...It's supposed to be going down to 2 degrees tonight! So I kept it enclosed to keep the heat in the first couple weeks.

As for stinkyness, I don't think there is any possible way they can be worse than ducks, maybe equal, but not worse. My guestroom upstairs has the duck and ee brooder in it and it REEKS. Those ducks are so nasty, day 2 they were in their own brooder instead of a split brooder. It takes half an hour for them to make the shavings mushy and one solid surface. I have to crack the window every day to keep the air fresh.

Back
Top Bottom