Where are all my chickens???? PIC.

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by lilchick, Dec 27, 2010.

1. lilchick

lilchick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Williamsport In.
    Here is the cabin coop on x-mas morning. When I went out to feed and water no one wanted to go outside... The peacocks stayed up in loft and tom turkey and bachelor roos did not want to come out onto porch. A pr. of sebby geese did not even peek out! The banties will not come out in pens so I don't bother opening the drop doors. I normally keep the loft door open since it is screened in. The peacocks will hang out there in the sun and watch the yard activity... If anyone has peas they know the strange sounds they make. Nothing like walking thru the yard and hearing them call out to you!
    Notice the one sad pumpkin left on the porch! I actually crack them open on a rock and feed them to my critters. To the far left is the call duck pen and they have playhouse and pond. I let them out everyday and they stay in pond most of day since it is heated.

[​IMG]

2. HensHaven

HensHaven Out Of The Brooder

Nov 12, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    I have to say that is an amazing coop. The picture is beautiful.

3. ChickenCanoe

ChickenCanoe Chicken Obsessed

Nov 23, 2010
    St. Louis, MO
    That is beautiful. What do you use the loft door for above the porch?

4. sarjaysar

sarjaysar cosmic chicken

Jun 12, 2009
    Guernsey
    Awesome House - I mean coop! [​IMG]

5. Sandbellie

Sandbellie Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 21, 2009
    New Hampshire
    Absolutely Beautiful! This is what my coop will look like someday... [​IMG]

6. True Grit

True Grit Chillin' With My Peeps

Wow lilchick what a super coop! Some day I will have peas..[​IMG]

7. suebee

suebee Speaks Silkie Fluently

Apr 1, 2007
    N. Carolina
    I LOVE your coop!! Can you post a pic with all your poultry out around the coop? I'd love to see your peacocks, ducks, etc.

8. StupidBird

StupidBird Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    GA
    I suffer from coop envy

9. lilchick

lilchick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Williamsport In.
    I screened in the loft door and open it during the day. It makes great ventilation.. The loft is good for the peacocks. They hang out up there when not eating or drinking down in the cabin. I sectioned back half of cabin off with metal pens and let banty chickens out in covered pens on each side. Bigger birds and a tom turkey and pr. of sebby geese have front half of cabin and come out onto porch and into the yard. This cabin is 12 ft. by 30 ft. and was built by the Amish and is made for a vacation home or lake front summer cabin. I really like it.

10. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

I wouldn't want to leave that snug coop to venture out into the cold and snow either! [​IMG] Nice set-up!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by